Re: [GENERAL] Help: Installing 9.6 breaks local connections to 9.2 onCentos 6.9 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ken Tanzer
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Help: Installing 9.6 breaks local connections to 9.2 onCentos 6.9
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 05/15/2017 01:40 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:

But let me ask, is there a big warning about this somewhere I missed?  Can the 9.2 updates do something to fix this, or at least create a warning or an RPMNEW file?  I'm happy this is a cloud server and that I worked on a copy.  However, in different circumstances I might well have reasoned "well, installing the 9.6 packages really should be safe for 9.2, since they're clearly meant to exist side-by-side."  And then have a setup that no longer worked as it once did.  With an RHEL clone and PGDG packages straight from the horses mouth, I'd have higher expectations than that.  Only because of the great work y'all do! ;)

Might want to file an issue here:

https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgrpms/

You will need a Postgres community account, which you can sign up for on the same page.

Done, and thanks for pointing me to the tracker.

Cheers,
Ken