Re: Similarity Search with Wildcards - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ken Tanzer
Subject Re: Similarity Search with Wildcards
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm not sure about the indexing and performance impacts, but I think you
could use SUBSTRING with a regex to pull out the client name, and then
match on that.

 SELECT substring('Client Name - Description' FROM '^(.*) [-]');

  substring
 Client Name

--
AGENCY Software