Re: Very puzzling sort behavior - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ken Tanzer
Subject Re: Very puzzling sort behavior
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Peter Geoghegan <peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Ken Tanzer <ken.tanzer@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any thoughts about what's going on, what to do about it, or what obvious point I missing?  Thanks in advance!

> This is the expected behavior.

If you don't like it, sort in C locale ...

                        regards, tom lane

OK, can one of you help me out in understanding this?  I would have thought that given "CLARK," and "CLARKE" that the comma would get compared against the E and come first.  End of story, before we even get to anything farther in the string.  What am I missing?

--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system

learn more about AGENCY or