Re: postgresql unix socket connections - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ken Tanzer
Subject Re: postgresql unix socket connections
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 7:09 AM Mariel Cherkassky <mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Tom,
I'm aware of how I can solve it. I wanted to understand why after installing the pg 9.6 packages suddenly psql tries to access the socket on /var/run/postgresql. Does the libpq default unix socket is changed between those two versions ? (9.6,9.2)

I hit this kind of problem too.  Per Devrim in this thread, the default socket location changed in v. 9.4.

Cheers,
Ken

--
AGENCY Software