Re: test_decoding assertion failure for the loss of top-sub transaction relationship - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: test_decoding assertion failure for the loss of top-sub transaction relationship
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 3:35 PM kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Dear Sawada-san,
>
> > FYI, as I just replied to the related thread[1], the assertion failure
> > in REL14 and REL15 can be fixed by the patch proposed there. So I'd
> > like to see how the discussion goes. Regardless of this proposed fix,
> > the patch proposed by Kuroda-san is required for HEAD, REL14, and
> > REL15, in order to fix the assertion failure in SnapBuildCommitTxn().
>
> I understood that my patches for REL14 and REL15 might be not needed.

No, sorry for confusing you. I meant that even if we agreed with the
patch I proposed there, your patch is still required to fix the issue.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
PostgreSQL Contributors Team