Re: [HACKERS] Interval for launching the table sync worker - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Interval for launching the table sync worker
Date
List pgsql-hackers

<CAD21AoDrw0OaHE=oVRRhQX248kjJ7W+1ViM3K76aP46HnHJsnQ@mail.gmail.com>
<f64d87d1-bef3-5e3e-a999-ba302816a0ee@2ndquadrant.com>

>> > Yes that's what I mean by "Why can't we just update the hashtable based
>> > on the catalog". And if we do that then I don't understand why do we
>> > need both hastable and linked list if we need to update both based on
>> > catalog reads anyway.
>>
>> Thanks, I've now understood correctly. Yes, I think you're right. If
>> we update the hash table based on the catalog whenever table state is
>> invalidated, we don't need to have both hash table and list.
>
> Ah, ok. The patch from Peter still generating and replacing the
> content of the list. The attached patch stores everything into
> SubscriptionRelState. Oppositte to my anticiation, the hash can
> be efectively kept small and removed.

Thank you for the patch!
Actually, I also bumped into the same the situation where we got the
following error during hash_seq_search. I guess we cannot commit a
transaction during hash_seq_scan but the sequential scan loop in
process_syncing_tables_for_apply could attempt to do that.

2017-04-21 21:35:22.587 JST [7508] WARNING:  leaked hash_seq_search
scan for hash table 0x1f54980
2017-04-21 21:35:22.587 JST [7508] ERROR:  no hash_seq_search scan for
hash table "Logical replication table sync worker start times"

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center