New 'Resize by data?' Maximum Width Feature - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Doug Reed
Subject New 'Resize by data?' Maximum Width Feature
Date
List pgadmin-support
All,

The Maximum width feature produces strange behavior on a Mac.

Changing the value alone does not seem to work.  There is very strange behavior when setting the length.  It seems to only take effect if it is set before the 'Resize by data?' column is enabled, and any currently open Query Tools don't seem to honor it.

I cannot be too specific because the behavior is so erratic.  I have one table with a VERY WIDE column, so I was glad to see this feature.  I set it, enabled the flag and all of my columns became very narrow.  I thought maybe it was in pixels???  so I set it much bigger and nothing happened.  I exited the application and restarted it to no effect... narrow columns  I turned off the flag and enabled it, and my columns were HUGE!  ...  not in pixels!  I set the value smaller to no effect.  I then turned the flag off and back on, and a View Data -> All Rows was what I wanted on a refresh, but re-running the query in the Query Tool saw no change.

The feature is nice and seems to work, but setting it is confusing.  It seems that one needs to set it with the flag off, then enable the flag, and restart pgAdmin, or at least re-open any Query Tool Windows to get it to fully function???

Thanque to all the developers working on this tool.  Hopefully you guys will appreciate feedback on your work.  Hopefully it is nice to know someone actually uses the stuff you provide?

--
Regards,

Doug