Re: ODBC 64bit + SSL - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Evans
Subject Re: ODBC 64bit + SSL
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi Hiroshi and Petr (and others monitoring this thread),

I appear have a similar problem to Petr.

Details:
Running Windows 8 64 bit
Trying to connection to remote PostgreSQL database requiring SSL.
Can make a connection using the 32 bit driver.

Using 'ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit)'.
'User DSN' tab
Choose 'Add', opening 'Create New Data Source'.
Select 'PostgreSQL ANSI(x64)'.
Then select 'Finish'.
Receive error message 'ODBC Data Source Administrator has stopped working'. Application then crashes.

I require the 64bit connection, because I am wanting link to other 64bit applications (R and MS Access).

This Windows 8 64 bit install was an upgrade from Windows 7 64 bit. On Windows 7 I was able to get the 64 bit ODBC driver working fine.

Please request further debug details etc, if it may help. I will need detailed instructions on how to produce these.

I would appreciate any suggestions. For example if it is possible to link to the database with an alternative approach/ application, bypassing this problem (if this can't be resolved).

Regards,
Tom.