Re: Academic help for Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Academic help for Postgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 05:31:10PM +0300, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:

>> Incremental materialized views?
>
> I don't know.  Is that something academics would research?

One paper I have found particularly good is this:

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.31.3208

Tantalizingly, there is mention that there is a longer version of
the paper, but I have been unable to find it.  There is enough in
this paper, I think, to fill in the blanks and do a much better job
with implementation than any ad hoc approach is likely to manage,
but if there is anything that extends this work (or subsequent work
which seems to be an improvement) that would be great.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com