Re: Refactoring the checkpointer's fsync request queue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Refactoring the checkpointer's fsync request queue
Date
List pgsql-hackers

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=fff75eb2a08c2ac96404a2d79685668f3cf5a7a3

> Linus has given me permission to quote him, so here is a quote from an
> email he sent 2019-01-17:

> > That commit (b4678df184b3: "errseq: Always report a writeback error
> > once") was already backported to the stable trees (4.14 and 4.16), so
> > yes, everything should be fine. We did indeed miss old errors for a
> > while.

Sorry, but somehow I got the parent link rather that the intended
commit.  Linus got it right, of course.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=b4678df184b314a2bd47d2329feca2c2534aa12b

--
Kevin Grittner