Inherited table identification possible - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From George Woodring
Subject Inherited table identification possible
Date
Re: Inherited table identification possible
List pgsql-sql
Is it possible to identify which inherited table data came from in a query?  We have a table that has 3 inherited tables attached to it.  I am looking for a way to identify the source of the data.

My only thought would be to add a column to the tables that identify the table.  I was just checking if there was a way to do it without the column.

Thanks,
George

--
iGLASS Networks