postgresql-10-postgis-2.4 dependencies - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Bob Jolliffe
Subject postgresql-10-postgis-2.4 dependencies
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi

I am in the process of evaluating postgresql 10 on an ubuntu 16.04
server.  One of the requirements is to install postgis.

However the dependencies for postgresql-10-postgis-2.4  seem to
explode - everything from mysql-common, ffmpeg drivers, qt4, libx11
etc.  This is not practical (or desirable) on my server.

Is there any suggestion for how the postgis package might be installed
without all of this seemingly unnecessary stuff?  Maybe I am doing
something wrong.

Regards
Bob