Re: PostgreSQL 12: Feature Highlights - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Evan Macbeth
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 12: Feature Highlights
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Long time lurker, first time poster. :)

80% - 90% of the items listed in the release notes aren't interesting
to users, but *which* 80% - 90% it is varies. The release notes don't
have to function as a press release, because we'll have an actual
press release instead.
--
Peter Geoghegan

I think Peter's point here is really important. I read the release notes and the press releases, both, from a very different perspective than others, but I find both very valuable. The release notes benefit from completeness and detail, in my observer's opinion.

Back to my cave.

Evan

--
Evan Macbeth - Director of Support - Crunchy Data
+1 443-421-0343 - evan.macbeth@crunchydata.com