Problems with ñ and tildes / CSV import problems in PostgreSQL 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Zach Seaman
Subject Problems with ñ and tildes / CSV import problems in PostgreSQL 9.1
Date
Re: [NOVICE] Problems with ñ and tildes / CSV import problems in PostgreSQL 9.1  (Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-novice
I'm fairly new to PostgreSQL 9.1 but I need it, so here I am.

This a similar question to this one, so I have encoded a database with LATIN-1 as suggested but can't copy a CSV file into a table within the database.

ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe17371

Googling doesn't get me anywhere and I am working with Spanish characters.

Thanks again all,

Zach Seaman