Re: About limitation of using postgresql in china - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jian he
Subject Re: About limitation of using postgresql in china
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 2:07 PM pig lee <lpk198912@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear postgresql member

I will use postgresql in china for a project.

But Im not sure Whether there are some limitations when using  postgresql in china(limitation for China only).

For examplelicense limitation in china or other limitation when used.

Can you tell me the postgresql limitations when used for china only.

Look forward to your Email.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Pengkun

Hi,

technical limitation: So far I tested
order by chinese pinyin and stroke is both ok.

Obviously there are some trigger cases, you probably need to take care of, like is  壹(U+58F9) the same as  一(U+4E00)?
Also, there is simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese issues.

I didn't test it, but I guess it would take more effort if you name your SQL identifiers in Chinese.

--
 I recommend David Deutsch's <<The Beginning of Infinity>>

  Jian