Re: attndims, typndims still not enforced, but make the value within a sane threshold - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jian he
Subject Re: attndims, typndims still not enforced, but make the value within a sane threshold
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 18, 2024 at 10:10 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> writes:
> > Can we error out at the stage "create table", "create domain"
> > time if the attndims or typndims is larger than MAXDIM (6) ?
>
> The last time this was discussed, I think the conclusion was
> we should remove attndims and typndims entirely on the grounds
> that they're useless.  I certainly don't see a point in adding
> more logic that could give the misleading impression that they
> mean something.

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/43/
search "dim" or "pg_attribute", no relevant result,
i am assuming, nobody doing work to remove attndims and typndims entirely?
If so, I will try to make one.