extension dependencies with 'requires' - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric Hanson
Subject extension dependencies with 'requires'
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

I'm trying to author an extension and running into troubles with dependencies.  The extension depends on the uuid-ossp, pgcrypto and postgres_fdw extensions, but I would like the dependencies to be installed in the public schema, though the extension itself lives in its own schema.  Is there a way to use CREATE EXTENSION ... CASCADE and specify in the control file which schema the dependencies are installed in?  How does the extension know where to install its dependencies?

Thanks,
Eric
--
Eric Hanson
CEO, Aquameta Labs

--
-- Eric Hanson CEO, Aquameta 503-929-1073