Re: BUG #16785: Postgresql shutdown during initial pg_prewarm prewarming causes Pg to get stuck - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John Thompson
Subject Re: BUG #16785: Postgresql shutdown during initial pg_prewarm prewarming causes Pg to get stuck
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for taking a look at this. As you mentioned the patch didn't apply cleanly to 12, but I ended up making the same changes as are in the link you posted, and it fixes the problem in my testing. I appreciate your help.

Take care

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 12:27 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
I wrote:
> This is against HEAD but it seems to apply cleanly to v12.
> If you're in a position to rebuild pg_prewarm with the patch,
> please see if it resolves the problem for you.

Eh, sorry about that, patch(1) was willing to apply it but the
result didn't compile :-(.  If you want to try local testing,
the version that actually works in v12 is at

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=patch;h=f581e5383648913385d3e7789ad9323a3ebfb1d0

                        regards, tom lane