Re: [ADMIN] Postgres Data Encryption Using LUKS with dm-crypt - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From rakesh goyal
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Postgres Data Encryption Using LUKS with dm-crypt
Date
List pgsql-admin
I thought there will be a way to close the LUKS encryption volume. Its clear to me now , encryption volume has to be in the opened state. LUKS will help if somebody can hold of physical hard disk. It does not protect against copying data from Live environment.

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Cat <cat@zip.com.au> wrote:
On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 08:12:19AM +0000, rakesh goyal wrote:
> Thanks Cat for quick response. I understand this. Is there any way I can
> encrypt the data at rest in Postgres using LUKS. Kind find any
> documentation.

As near as I can tell, you have.

Why are you trying to unmount the filesystem containing the data and closing
the luks encryption?

--
  "A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
  stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."