Reg: PostgreSQL Server "base/data" recovery - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Prajilal KP
Subject Reg: PostgreSQL Server "base/data" recovery
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

Thank you for reading this mail. I need your help to fix the issue with my PostgreSQL server.

Recently i have noticed that my PostgreSQL server is returning the error messages like “Could not read block 6160722 in file “base/data/16384/11033028.47”.
When i have checked the "base/data/16384" directory, some of the file's data size is zero and exactly from that time i have started receiving the said error messages.

Could you please advise the way to recover the Database without loosing any data?

PostgreSQL version : 9.0.4
OS : RHEL 5.5

regards,
prajilal