Re: moving from MySQL to pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Christensen
Subject Re: moving from MySQL to pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
On 12/10/12 04:39, Merlin Moncure wrote:
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Vineet Deodhar
<vineet.deodhar@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks all for your replies.
This is my first experience with postgres mailing list.
Hats Off to the active community of pgsql.
This has definitely raised my confidence level with postgres.
thanks.  we like emails that start off 'moving to pgsql from xxx'.

If you want a 24x7 crack dedicated support team,  claim to be
frustrated with postgres and evaluating migration to SQL Server. :-).

merlin

Surely we should le people migrate to SQL Server grom postgres - as it will be its own punishment?  :-)

I'll take SQL Server over Oracle any day of the week though..