Re: pg_upgradecluster 9.5 -> 9.6 fails "Error: could not get clusterlocales" on Ubuntu 17.04 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ibrahim Edib Kokdemir
Subject Re: pg_upgradecluster 9.5 -> 9.6 fails "Error: could not get clusterlocales" on Ubuntu 17.04
Date
List pgsql-admin

> Is there anything else I can do to try and work out what's causing the problem and get my cluster upgraded?

Sometimes, in Ubuntu systems, if ssh login user's locale is different, it may happen.

After login, make "sudo su -" and try again as a root. It may help.

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 05:36:45PM +0800, Rob Hills wrote:
> I tried specifying a locale in the pg_upgradecluster command but got the same
> error as previously:
>
>     sudo pg_upgradecluster --locale=en_AU.UTF-8 9.5 main
>
> I've found some threads discussing this specific issue, but none of them really
> identify the cause or provide any workaround.
>
> Is there anything else I can do to try and work out what's causing the problem
> and get my cluster upgraded?

Since this bug looks to be in the pg_upgradecluster script, my only
suggestion would be to run pg_upgrade manually.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +