checkpoint logs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject checkpoint logs
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm logging checkpoints to see how the background writter is working,
and I bumped into log information that I don't fully understand:

LOG:  checkpoint complete: wrote 5015 buffers (15.1%); 0 transaction
log file(s) added, 0 removed, 15 recycled; write=1004.333 s,
sync=0.106 s, total=1004.571 s

5015 are the WAL buffers written to the transaction log, but what is the 15.1%?

Also, what do the times at the end mean? Time to write the buffers to
the transaction log, or to flush modificactions stored in the
transaction logs to there final destination in the data base files?

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador