Re: Data Checksum feature and streaming replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: Data Checksum feature and streaming replication
Date
List pgsql-general

> If I’m using the Data Checksum feature (new to 9.3:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.3#Data_Checksums),
> and in the event of a checksum failure on a replication master, will that
> corrupt data replicate to slaves or will replication halt. Does it depend on
> the setting of ignore_checksum_failure?

I think you got page checksum check confused with WAL CRC check.

There is a README in the source that explains page checksum (and there
is some information about WAL CRC):

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/backend/storage/page/README;hb=HEAD

--
Martín Marqués http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/