Re: New archives for testing - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: New archives for testing
Date
List pgsql-www
On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Well, that's what I'm considering, but inlining screenshots at high
>> resolutions is going to look Really Bad... But yes, the idea would be
>> to parse out the resolution from the metadata somehow.
>
> I would be more concerned with the file size. You don't want someone
> to be able to make an archive page send a hapless viewer a 100M image
> file. Luckily file size doesn't require parsing the meta data.
>
> Can you not deal with the image size by just sticking a css attribute
> for max-height and max-width on the inlined image?

That's certainly another option - limit it by size that way, and then
limiting it by filesize for whether we include it or not. We can even
give it scrollbars, I guess. That does make even more sense.

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/