Re: buildfarm server suddenly not talking to old SSL stacks? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: buildfarm server suddenly not talking to old SSL stacks?
Date
List pgsql-www

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 7:28 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 2018-Jul-16, Tom Lane wrote:
>> My buildfarm animals dromedary and prairiedog have been failing since
>> around 9AM EDT on Sunday. ... Have we done something recently to create an
>> incompatibility with old SSL stacks?

> Yeah, there were a few updates that day at 11am UTC; particularly the
> ca-certificates package was updated (to version 20161130+nmu1+deb9u1).

Ah, that sounds plausibly related.  Guess I need a certificate update
on those machines.  Thanks!

We also changed some of the server setup so there is now a haproxy that's doing the SSL termination. So there is probably a slightly different configuration of available SSL algorithms and such as well. It might be either one of those two, both changes happened not too far apart on that day.