Re: Considering Gerrit for CFs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Considering Gerrit for CFs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 February 2013 08:07, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> The existing Gerrit community would be keen to have the PostgreSQL
>> project as a major user, though, and would theoretically help with
>> modification needs.  Current major users are OpenStack, Mediawiki,
>> LibreOffice and QT.
>
> Do we actually have any requirements that are known to be uncatered
> for in gerrit's standard feature set?

Email being the primary interaction method has long been a stated
requirement, and we've just been told that's uncatered for in gerrit.

Turning the same question around, do we have any requirements on top
of the current CF app that actually *are* catered for in gerrit? That
is, what problem are we actually trying to solve? (On a technical
level - "bring in more reviewers" doesn't count, you have to explain
*how* that's going to happen)

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/