Major service downtime expected - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Major service downtime expected
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi!

(Copying this one to -hackers as well, for git coverage)

We were just notified by one of our hosting providers, MeetMe, that they are about to start physically moving two of our servers to a different datacenter. Unfortunately, we were only given about an hours warning on this, so we have been unable to migrate important services elsewhere before the downtime.

The following services may be affected, and we have no idea how long the downtime will be (we've been given a maximum window of 6 hours, but we hope it's going to be around an hour):

* Main website backend systems (anything dynamic on the website, cached content will continue to serve)
* Website search
* List archives (except cached pages). (Mailinglists themselves should continue to work)
* git.postgresql.org (gitmaster not affected)
* irc docbot
* postgres.ca website and associated services

We apologize for this inconvenience, and will work with the techs from MeetMe to get the systems back up as quickly as possible.