Re: Download navigation UX - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Download navigation UX
Date
List pgsql-www

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 7:50 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2020-Jul-07, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> If you mean getting third party installers off the main download page and
> moved into the software catalogue, then yes, of course :)

Well, I meant this patch
https://postgr.es/m/CAH+GA0pUz26AoyF+LazhPS02HwuBO+kPZ2wcRcOwq9u+cPPOag@mail.gmail.com
which apparently has been waiting for this restructuring for years.
(Oleg said there's a PostgresPro patch somewhere too, but I don't know
where that is.)

There have been many threads and hundreds, if not thousands, of emails on the subject over the past years.

My recollection is that the latest conclusion was exactly that -- stop listing third party installers as part of the main download pages, put them in the software catalogue, and put a proper link to the software catalogue from the download pages.

And no, I don't remember exactly when that conclusion was reached.

//Magnus