Re: Installing the commitfest app locally for testing/development - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Installing the commitfest app locally for testing/development
Date
List pgsql-www

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 1:54 PM Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I have installed the commitfest app locally with the lofty aspiration
of proposing
some minor modifications which might make life easier for any future CF
managers, and maybe reviewing a couple of existing patches for it.

I have it running without issue as per the README; I would like to add
a couple of "patches", but it seems like it wants to query an API to
the mailing list archives, which requires a key, which of course I don't have.

Is there a recommended approach for resolving this? I've tried searching
the list archives and googling, to no avail.

Sadly, the answer to that one right now is "also set up the archives locally".

Maybe it would be worthwhile to create a tiny mock API for that, as part of the cf app, that would just deliver some fake data?