Re: I suggest improving install steps for CentOS 8 - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: I suggest improving install steps for CentOS 8
Date
Re: I suggest improving install steps for CentOS 8  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
List pgsql-docs

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 1:11 PM Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, 2019-11-14 at 10:29 +0100, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Adding -www as this isn't a documentation issue but a website issue.

Adding Magnus :-)

Seriously speaking, for RHEL 8, we need to add

dnf -qy module disable postgresql

command. Magnus, can you patch this when you can?

Yeah, it seems like it would be better to add this as part of the instructions rather than as a note on the side.

What is the normal time to do this, in the sequence. After the repository rpm is installed but before client packages?

And is there any case you'd want to add the pg repositories but *not* do this? I assume not?