Re: SSL information view - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: SSL information view
Date
Re: SSL information view  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
Re: SSL information view  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 1:04 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 1:43 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Right now it just truncates the dn at NAMEDATALEN - so treating it the
>> same as we do with hostnames. My guess is this is not a big problem
>> because in the case of long DNs, most of the time the important stuff
>> is at the beginning anyway... (And it's not like it's actually used
>> for authentication, in which case it would of course be a problem).
>
> You should add it to the next CF for proper tracking, there are already many
> patches in the queue waiting for reviews :)

Absolutely - I just wanted those that were already involved in the
thread to get a chance to look at it early :) didn't want to submit it
until it was complete.

Which it is now - attached is a new version that includes docs.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Attachment