Re: Why is my pg_xlog directory so huge? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Why is my pg_xlog directory so huge?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Niels Kristian Schjødt
<nielskristian@autouncle.com> wrote:
> After installing my new server I just discovered something that doesn't seem right:
>
> sudo du -h /var/lib/postgresql/9.2/main

<snip>

> As you can see the pg_xlog folder is 202G, which is more than my entire database - this seems wrong to me, however I
haveno clue why this would happen.

My first guess would be that your archive_command is failing - so
check your logs for that. If that command fails, no xlog files will
ever be rotated (since it would invalidate your backups).

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/