Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 8:22 AM, Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele.bartolini@2ndquadrant.it> wrote:
Hi Magnus,

  that could be the case, but I am usually quite demanding when it comes to localisation (I would not have realised this in the first place). Given that 9.5 was released in January (when my daughter was born), I might not have been fully very attentive and responsive. But as far as 9.4 is concerned, I am pretty sure I tested it.

Well, feel free to look up the git history of the current website which is online. It goes back to 2009. It was deployed in production in 2011. It has never had any support for that. It was deployed just after the release of 9.1. So what you tested on 9.4 was at least not the www.postgresql.org site. For 9.1, it may have been there (I am not as certain about the old website code). Since then, it has been links from /about/press/ that has been the only thing.

That may not be ideal, but that's how it's been.

  In any case it is not important. What's important is to find an easy way for non English speaking people to read the press release. Let's decide a way and move on.

Agreed.

We removed automatic browser-based localization for good reasons (for one, in that case we need to update all languages at the same time always, or pages go out of sync). I would definitely not be happy with suggestions to bring that back.

But maybe something along the line of what we do for docs version - with a set of links at the top of each presskit showing which other languages it exists in?

//Magnus