Re: Add exclusive backup deprecation notes to documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Add exclusive backup deprecation notes to documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 2:07 PM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> Please follow the 1-space indentation in the documentation files.

Whoops.  Will fix.

> I think the style of mentioning all the problems in a note before the
> actual description is a bit backwards.

In the case of an important note like this I think it should be right at
the top where people will see it.  Not everyone reads to the end

Maybe have the first note say "This method is deprecated bceause it has serious risks (see bellow)" and then list the actual risks at the end?