Re: Redesigning postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Redesigning postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Gevik Babakhani <gevik@postgresql.nl> wrote:

> I think you misunderstood that a little. If Javascript is disabled,
> the site should gracefully fall back to a mode where the content is
> still readable and usable, but not necessarily as nicely.

I was implying the same :)
JS will become very important when presenting  the website on a mobile/touch device.  I am thinking out loud here, but not all functionality of the website would be needed (or maybe even make sense) on a touch device.

> We do not want to change the backend from Django.

I am not a python/django developer (yet). So that is going to be a challenge ;) (But we’ll see)

Understood. But to change the design, there should be zero changes required to the code, I believe. Or at least extremely few. Feel free to ping me if you need to make any smaller changes and need assitance with those!

Oh, and btw, +<many> for the effort in general!