Re: sync issue with pgFoundry to ftp.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: sync issue with pgFoundry to ftp.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 13:31 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Should we perhaps stick a note on ftp.postgresql.org saying it's no
> longer synchronized?  (and the same for gborg, really, even though
> that one is more obvious).

Thanks for breaking some of the RPM package builds. Now I have to edit
the download URL every time I push an update of a package that comes
from pgfoundry.

We do no URL translations, so presumably the same URL is used on both ends (with different hostname, of course)?

In general, if you relied on data being synced from there you were already in trouble. Most of the attempts to sync just randomly failed or hung anyway, so it didn't really work before it was disabled either.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/