Re: Landing pages for lists have changed - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Landing pages for lists have changed
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Selena Deckelmann <selena@chesnok.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 6:12 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> > Yeah, I think this is more or less the same thing Bruce pointed out to
>> > me a while ago, but I haven't gotten around to yet..
>> >
>> > Perhaps we should just make /list/ a redirect to /community/lists/?
>>
>> ... and add a search box at the top of that one?  No objection here.
>> (I assume the redirect is just for ^/list/$)
>

> Sure, and we need something at the header bits for each list archive.

The point of the redirect would be that we only have one page.. If we
have two pages that show *almost* the same data, that seems like
setting ourselves up for having a similar problem in the future.

FWIW, the reason this is obvious now is that they're both rendered on
the same site. It used to be that one of the pages were in the
archives and one on the main site (and also looked differently - but
that's why it wasn't as obvious we had two pages showing the same
thing)

> It's confusing to just be dumped into the index page without any context (I
> realize the URL says 'archive'.. but it's not friendly).

Agreed.