Re: global / super barriers (for checksums) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: global / super barriers (for checksums)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 8:45 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2019-11-13 12:26:34 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> TL;DR: I'm not sure that we need 0001; I propose to commit 0002; and I
> have some concerns about 0003 and am interested in working further on
> it.

Thanks for looking at the patch!

+1 (well, +<more than one>, but there is a quota)

> - The patch needs some general tidying up, like comments and naming
> consistency and stuff like that.

Yea. It really was a prototype to allow Magnus to continue...

And a very useful one! :) So thanks for that one as well.

> Andres, Magnus, if neither of you are planning to work on this soon, I
> might like to jump in and run with this. Please let me know your
> thoughts.

I'm not planning to do so in the near term - so I'd more than welcome
you to do so.

I'm definitely happy to work with it, but I did not and do not feel I have the skills for doing the "proper review" needed for it. So I am also very happy for you to pick it up and run with it.