Re: Heartbleed Impact - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Heartbleed Impact
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Dev Kumkar <devdas.kumkar@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Dev Kumkar <devdas.kumkar@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 7:50 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
* Dev Kumkar (devdas.kumkar@gmail.com) wrote:
> I just downloaded the latest binaries from EnterpriseDB and when checked
> with libssl.so.1.0.0 can see this:
> OpenSSL 1.0.1g 7 Apr 2014
>
> OpenSSL 1.0.1g is the patched version.

Yes, checked w/ them and they say it's all patched..

> Awaiting confirmation and also please let know if there is certain NOTE or
> link which talks about this fix from EnterpriseDB side.

There's a note on the 'installers' page here:
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload

I believe they're going to add a note to the other page too.

        Thanks,

                Stephen

Thanks for the confirmation. Yup checked the NOTE on 'installers' page and a note on binary page will really help.

Regards...

Hello Guys,

For postgreSQL, is there any OpenSSL fix coming up for this issue: http://www.zdnet.com/openssl-fixes-another-severe-vulnerability-7000030253/

Currently in PostgreSQL 9.4.3 the version is as follows: OpenSSL 1.0.1g 7 Apr 2014

As per the above link, fixed OpenSSL version would be 1.0.1h

Looking forward for some comments here.

Hi!

The guys at EnterpriseDB are busy building new installers as we speak, I would expect them to be out tomorrow or so.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/