Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 01:41:26PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
>     > And no it is at least not well documented. But there are other parts
>     which
>     > aren't as well - such as the requirement to actually run pg_stop_backup()
>     even
>     > in the case you want to abort a backup, or your next one will fail.
>     Basically
>     > the old method is quite fragile and no, we haven't documented that
>     properly
>     > previously.
>
>     Well, if the API was in wide use and will be supported for several more
>     years, we had better document it, no?
>

> Absolutely. That was part of that "bigger backup docs rewrite" that hasn't
> happened yet, but hopefully will before the final release.

Well, I don't even know the details of the failures, so I can't add that
information.  Let's get it in there somewhere and I can move it around
later.

FYI, I'm not ignoring this request, I've just been insanely busy lately. I definitely plan to get it done, but I won't make it before beta (as should be obvious by now, given the timing). My apologies.