Re: community social media - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: community social media
Date
List pgsql-www

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 9:25 PM Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2020, at 12:17, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>
> On 9/26/20 11:05 AM, ourdiaspora wrote:

On this page:

        https://lists.postgresql.org/manage/

In the section "Manage email addresses", the text reads in part:

        You can also blacklist your own email address from the lists.

"Blacklist" is an increasingly disfavored term.  I think "block" or "disallow" are both reasonable alternatives.

I'm moving this from -advocacy to -www, since that's a more appropriate list to discuss the change.

There is already work in progress to get this replaced. There are some backend considerations as well which is why it's not just a search/replace (and not fixing those would make it inconsistent), but it's been on the list for a while to get sorted out so it's definitely on people's radar.