Re: 2018-03 Commitfest starts tomorrow - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: 2018-03 Commitfest starts tomorrow
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 6:05 PM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
On 3/1/18 4:52 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> The remaining 45 are, ordered by time created:

OK, here's my break down after a brief review of all the patches in the
list.  Many of the patches were trivial/small, bug fixes, had history,
or related to builds, tests, or docs.

There are still 13 patches that are medium/large (in terms of impact,
not size) from my analysis, and new.

Medium/Large and New:

Verify Checksums during Basebackups

I would call this one small, but it is new. I think it can partially tie in with the other checksum work though -- if we do end up getting the online checksum state change, then it would make sense to keep this one around as well, given it as Michael says has a fair amount of overlap.

Minor clean-up in dshash.{c,h}

You have this one included twice, but since they end up in the same category that seems ok :)

Exclude temp relations from base backup (This is my patch so I prefer
somebody else decide its fate)

I think that one can be tied into the one about unlogged tables. It makes sense to review and process those two together, given the similarity of patches. Thus, I think it should stay unless we end up kicking the other one.