Re: Spam on the wiki - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Spam on the wiki
Date
Re: Spam on the wiki  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-www

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> New account signups have been re-enabled, now requiring a captcha.
> Hopefully that will be enough to stop the new spam signups. We'll keep an
> eye on it and disable them again if it seems to happen again.

You probably already noticed, but ... they're at it again.

ARGH!

I was looking at a cached copy of the page :S

So they break the captcha in seconds. I'm more and more thinking andres' idea that it's actually farmed out to people and not just bots...

I've shut the wiki down for the moment, pending that somebody who actually knows anything about mediawiki shows up..

My suggestion is we make all edits on the wiki moderated, if that's at all possible. It's AFAIK the only service where we allow people to post things with no moderation on the content today, and clearly that's not working.  People will still be signing up accounts, but they can't do any damage with them...