Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Dec 6, 2013 10:11 AM, "John R Pierce" <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 12/6/2013 12:14 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>>

>> I can confirm that this breaks on a freshly installed RHEL 6.4, from
iso, without doing any updates at all from the repositories before trying.
This machine does not currently have any subscription at all, so it's the
fresh RHEL 6.4, and postgres does not install.

> redhat without a subscription, yum can't access any dependencies since
you have no access to the redhat network.

Of course. I know this, and did that intentionally to provoke the problem.
The problem persists once you enable the subscription, unless you also
upgrade at that time. However, if you enable the subscription first I bet
it pulls down the 6.5 version automatically. Which is why the problem
doesn't show up on a freshly installed box, only on those that already
existed but weren't upgraded.

/Magnus