Re: [pgsql-www] Wiki "editor" privileges request - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Wiki "editor" privileges request
Date
List pgsql-www

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Charles Clavadetscher wrote:
> Great – I love good news ;-)

Here's some bad news, sorry: the mediawiki user depends on the "Postgres
community account" username, which we do not support changing.  Probably
it's possible to implement that, though.

Not easily. It would certainly be *possible*, but you'd have to verify that every possible "downstream" consumer of it supports changing it and then actually implement it. This include both our own home-built systems (which would probably be "most doable" since they are off the same blueprints, but depending on exactly where else they store the username it could cause a lot of issues) and things like our redmine installation.

UPDATE:ing the primary key in a distributed system has non-trivial implications...