Re: Re: Re: [GSOC 18] Performance Farm Project——Initialization Project - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Re: Re: [GSOC 18] Performance Farm Project——Initialization Project
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 11:31 PM, Hongyuan Ma <cs_maleicacid@163.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,
I am willing to use React to re-create the front-end application. Since I plan to use separate front-end and back-end development methods, this means that there will be no html files in Django applications. Front-end and back-end applications will interact via restful api. I will use react to rewrite some existing html files if needed. Before initializing the react application, I want to learn more about your tendency toward front-end technology.

- About React: Which version of React (15.x or 16) and react-router (2.x or 4) do you tend to use?

pgAdmin is using React 16.2.

 - About Package Manager: Do you tend to use yarn or npm?

Yarn for pgAdmin, though npm would probably be a little easier for a project running on pginfra.

If at all possible, please stick to things that are packaged in debian stable (currently stretch).

Anything else will increase the maintenance burden by orders of magnitude, and make it a lot less likely to be accepted.

(That is for anything that needs to run on the deploy of course -- if a tool is needed to update the contents of the repo before deploy or such, then it's of course no problem)

//Magnus