Re: CF app: "target version" entered twice? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: CF app: "target version" entered twice?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 12:45 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I just created a new patch in the commitfest app
> (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/22/new/).  The app asked me on the
> first page for the target version ... and then again on the second page.
> And it didn't remember what I selected first.

Yeah, I noticed the same a couple days ago.

> I suppose the fix is just to remove the "target version" selectable on
> the first page?

Seems like the path of least resistance.  I'm not sure this is so
important it has to be on the first page, anyway.

That wasn't even intentional :) The form had a list of "include all fields except x,y,z" so when the field was added it was automatically added there, and I missed it. I've now switched it to instead list the *included* fields so this won't happen again -- and it's easier to list 2 included fields than 12 excluded ones.