Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed
Date
List pgsql-www
On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 8:07 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
> Amir Rohan <amir.rohan@mail.com> writes:
> > I've read elsewhere that a possible solution is to provide a
> > mail address associated with a message (displayed on the web interface)
> > that routes your mail message to the thread.
>
> Seems awfully like a here-please-spam-us button.

Yeah, that doesn't sound good.  What I think would be workable is to
create a feature that emails you an archived message, and requires that
you're logged in with your community account.  That sounds hard enough
to abuse by spammers and convenient enough for actual users.

I wonder if it would break stuff like DKIM signatures, SPF checks, and
the like.

It probably would -- but not more than just the mailinglist already does?