Re: pg_dump vs pg_basebackup - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_dump vs pg_basebackup
Date
List pgsql-performance
Oh, I agree it's good that you should know both methods. I only disagree with that the choice of rsync be made with the argument of simplicity. Simplicity is one of the main reasons to choose the *other* method (pg_basebackup), and the rsync method is for more advanced usecases. But it's definitely good to know both!

//Magnus